Importance of Annual Electrical Inspections
January 5, 2018
Having an annual electrical inspection done on your home is incredibly important for the safety of your family and home. For example, if there is faulty wiring in your home, it can lead to any number of dangerous electrical emergencies and that includes house fires. Proper inspection and maintenance of your electrical equipment is vital to the prevention of electrical emergencies that can lead to potentially life-threatening issues. It can be tempting to skip out, but the possible risk to family and home is much too great to take a chance. Perform this regular service and give yourself peace of mind.
Electrical Inspections: What to Expect
When performing an electrical inspection, our electric technicians will perform the following:
- Make sure all your outlets and lighting fixtures are safe and properly working.
- Ensure the correct installation of all electrical appliances and electrical systems and confirm they are properly working.
- Check the wiring of the building and inspect for potential weather damage.
- Check the wiring for exposure to pests (rodents who might chew through wires).
- Make sure your electrical equipment is correctly functioning and is not causing unnecessary strain on your system.
- Inspect the circuit breaker/electrical panel.
- Inspect smoke detectors.
- Make sure wiring is up to date with current safety code.
- Check for overloading, possibility of potential shocks.
Always Hire an Electrical Professional
Hiring one of our professional and licensed electrical technicians is the best protection against preventing electrical emergencies and making sure your wiring is up to date. Making sure to have an inspection done on a regular basis will help ensure the safety or your electrical equipment, your family and home, significantly lowering the risk for the occurrence of an electrical accident.
Keep Your Home Safely Up to Code
Routinely there are important updates made to electrical safety codes, and making sure your home adheres to these codes will help ensure the safety of the house and all its inhabitants. Even if you have a newer home, your fixtures may be outdated or even unsafe and may require replacement. If you plan on putting your home up for sale, you should go ahead and plan on getting an all-over electrical home inspection done to rule out any potential safety issues.
Always have an inspection done if:
- You are buying or selling a home.
- It has been over 10 years since your home was inspected.
- You’ve recently had a major electrical repair.
- Your circuit breaker seems to trip regularly.
Schedule Your Annual Inspection with Electric Today
Our licensed and expert electricians are up to date on all the latest safety codes and can perform an intensive electrical inspection on your home to rule out the potential for possible electrical emergencies. After your inspection is complete, Electric Today technicians will let you know the results of the inspection and make recommendations for the electrical safety of your home. Call us at 813-653-4221 to schedule an appointment today!