Tampa Bay Area Heat Pump Installation and Repair
Heat pumps are quickly becoming an energy-saving alternative to air conditioners and furnaces. Florida tends to have a moderate climate throughout the year, so having a furnace or air conditioner can rack up expensive costs over time. Installing heat pumps helps cut back on heating and cooling bills and saves on energy!
When you use a heat pump, they use electricity to channel heat from a cool space to a warm space, making the cool space cooler and the warm space warmer. During the months that require heat, a heat pump transfers warmth from the outdoors, while it works in reverse in the summer; moving heat from your home and transferring it outside. Because they move heat rather than generate it, they can offer the same amount of conditioned air as a conventional furnace or AC – by using much less energy. In fact, a typical unit costs about a quarter of the typical HVAC bill.
Three Types of Heat Pumps:
- Air-Source Heat Pumps: These are recommended for homes in warmer climates and provide up to three times more energy than traditional air conditioners. They are also the most common heat pump that gets installed.
- Ground-Source (or Geothermal) Heat Pumps: Out of the three, these are the most efficient because they pump heat back and forth from the ground. Although they cost more to install, ground-source heat pumps have low operating costs because they take advantage of relatively constant ground or water temperatures.
- Absorption Heat Pumps: This heat pump uses hot water, natural gas, or propane to maintain the desired temperature in a home. Absorption heat pumps are the newest heat pumps for residential systems.
Benefits of Installing a Heat Pump
Installing a heat pump can offer many benefits for your home. If you are looking for energy-efficient ways to regulate the temperature in your home, check out these benefits of installing a heat pump:
- Resourceful: Heat pumps provide climate control year-round without breaking the bank. The multiple types of heat pumps offered to utilize natural resources and convert outside air to adjust the temperature of your home relatively quickly.
- Energy-Efficient: Although heat pumps tend to cost more than the traditional HVAC unit, their energy-efficient design will end up saving you money over an extended period of time. You will end up saving money on your heating and cooling bills.
- Eco-Friendly: Heat pumps are clean and efficient. If you’re looking for a new way to boost your home’s energy efficiency, you’ll find that a heat pump is an excellent option.
Installing a heat pump for your home is a big decision to make. Let the expert technicians at Home Service Heroes guide you through the process and see which type of heating pump is right for you. Our technicians are licensed professionals and very knowledgeable when it comes to HVAC installation, repairs, and maintenance.
Give Home Service Heroes a call at 813-653-4221 and schedule your consultation for a heat pump. If you already have a heat pump installed, we offer repair and maintenance on all heat pumps in the Tampa Bay area!