Duct Cleaning and Sealing Services for Your Tampa Bay Home
Over time, air ducts can become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen and other debris. This has the potential to lead to severe allergic reactions and other health issues over a period of time. Dirty air ducts are one of the main reasons for poor indoor air quality. If moisture is present in your air ducts, the potential for microbiological growth, like mold, increases and spores may be released into your home every time your air-conditioner or furnace is running.
Why You Need to Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned:
- Dust or Mold Issues: If you can see growth that looks like dust, mold or anything that looks like it shouldn’t be on the inside of the air duct, a service technician should be called in to determine what it is and if the system should be cleaned. Remember that there are several areas of you duct work that you will not be able to see so, even though what you can see might look fine, there could be problems hiding elsewhere.
- Vermin or Pest Infestation: Bugs like dust mites and other insects can infiltrate your home air duct system over time. If you believe there is an infestation in your air ducts, you should call Electric Today and have a professional service technician determine how and where the vermin are getting into the system and how to eradicate the problem.
- Clogs and Debris: Excessive amounts of dust can clog your duct system and cause it to work inefficiently and disrupt the quality of your indoor air. Allergens and other particles could be released into your home and potentially cause respiratory problems or other health issues because of the clogged air ducts.
The heating and cooling experts at Electric Today offer complete duct sealing and cleaning services for your HVAC system. Our trained technicians do a thorough assessment of your duct system and offer an affordable plan to meet the needs of your household. Having your air ducts inspected and cleaned can help with better indoor air quality and better air circulation.
Fixing Leaks in Your Ductwork
If there are gaps and cracks in your ducts, some of the forced air coming through your HVAC will leave before getting to your registers. This makes your system work harder to cool or heat your air – effectively raising your utility bills and compromising your comfort. When you notice a change in the quality of cooling or heating from your HVAC system, it could be the result of leaks within your ductwork.
Signs Your Ductwork is Leaking:
- Rooms take too long to cool or heat.
- Increase in utility bills during the summer and winter months.
- Ductwork located in unconditioned areas (including garage, attic or crawlspaces).
- Flexible ducts that appear damaged or dented.
- Dirty ceilings.
When your ductwork is leaking, have Electric Today come out and fix the ductwork before it gets worse. This issue is causing you to lose money with expensive utility bills. Putting off repairs will cause the issue to get worse and cost more money down the road. Save money and time by scheduling an appointment with us today!
If you are experiencing any problems related to your duct system, give Electric Today a call at 813-653-4221 and we will schedule a duct diagnosis today!