Have Home Service Heroes Protect your Florida Home with A Smoke and CO2 Detector
Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors have become a common installation in every North American home and building. When it comes to smoke and carbon monoxide detector repair, replacement, or installation, it’s best to leave the job to a licensed electrician. A faulty repair or installation could put you and your family in danger. Our electricians will inspect your existing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are working properly. Having more than one smoke detector in your home is the best way to sense a fire quickly. It is recommended that there is at least one smoke detector in every room of your house. We can help you figure out the best placement for both your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors should be tested annually and, if they are battery-operated, their batteries should be replaced at least once every year.
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home.
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms.
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- There are two kinds of alarms. Ionization smoke alarms are quicker to warn about flaming fires. Photoelectric alarms are quicker to warn about smoldering fires. It is best to use both types of alarms in the home.
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside.
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every 10 years.
While smoke is visible and has a strong odor, carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. Carbon monoxide is very lethal and cannot be detected by human senses. Having a carbon monoxide detector in your home is essential for proper home safety.
No matter your smoke or carbon monoxide detector needs, consider Home Service Heroes the most trusted company for the job. Our licensed electricians show up on time and are ready to work. We offer upfront pricing and never charge by the hour. Give us a call today!